Saturday 9 October 2010

milton glaser bullet points

Have you asked yourself as a graphic designer, what's the limit? Every occupation has it's limit, like every sentence has a dot to end it. As humans we should define what it is that we want from the world, the message that we send and the things that will be said about us after we're gone. As a graphic designer I have put the dots on the line and know exactly the way and style that i want to portray myself to the world. Reading the questionnaire I would totally stop in the third point. To me if I designed a crest to show that the vineyard business has been there for a long time, it wont effect anyone. What it will do is make consumers trust the business more and increase their profit. So i don't think I'm going to effect my reputation by doing it. But when it comes to the fourth point I would not design a cover for a book where it's sexual content I would find repellent, because that means that I agree with it. I have attached an example of such a book. It would effect what type of designer I am and the environment that I was raised in. This something that wouldn't allow myself to do. The problem with it is that a book might effect not only effect one person; since it is printed in huge numbers hundreds and millions of people all around the world might get effected. I would feel really guilt if a book like this effects someone life and ruins it, because that is something I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for. That is why I stopped at the third point and show to the world of design that, thats the line ill will draw for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment